Sunday 17 January 2016

[SUIT UP] Manstyling 101

I've always been a bit more of a tomboy than a girly girl (in terms of fashion at least). I used to be the  girl on mufti days to come dressed up in my brothers baggiest jeans and Adidas sports jacket (in size XXL) - think 8 Mile. To this day, although my clothes fit much better, I still feel much more comfortable in a pair of pants than I do in a dress or skirt so when I can I try to dress up the humble trouser with something more feminine or some great accessories.


Both men's and women's clothing these days have become a lot more androgynous to a point where I can walk into a women's store and see a structured shirt that my husband could easily wear  or vice versa as I'm seeing a lot of skin tight jeans that I could wear at a traditional menswear store. Recently, Jaden Smith (son of Will Smith) was named as the new face of the Summer/Spring 16' womenswear campaign for Louis Vuitton completely blurring the lines of what is menswear and what is womenswear. 
Can you spot little old Jaden?

These days a good button down white shirt, a pair of tailored pants, a good structured blazer or an oversized anything really are becoming staple items in the female wardrobe. Investing in a good quality "androgynous" piece will allow you to pull it out and wear it different ways throughout all seasons. 

My tips for adding a bit of "man" to your styling would be to either wear a full "male" outfit (a loose fitting shirt with either tailored/skinny/boyfriend trousers) with one or two "female" accessories like a pair of heels or a statement necklace or vice versa - wear a "feminine" outfit with one or two male accessories - think loafers or a great fedora.

I found this amazing jumpsuit from Keepsake which looks like a two piece suit from the front. I'm a huge fan of pant suits as I personally love wearing pants when I can expect everyone else to be wearing a dress (like at a wedding!) and there's nothing quite like a good pant suit to make you feel confident (and ok, "powerful"). I kept this look quite feminine pairing it with oversized sunglasses, some statement earrings and delicate shoes - because manstyling definitely isn't necessarily looking like a man!


[OUTFIT DETAILS]
  Rubi Shoes Sunglasses: Shop here
Keepsake Pantsuit: Shop here
Luv AJ Earrings: Sold out
[VEGAN] Givenchy Rubber Effect Antigona Medium: Sold out
[VEGAN] Spurr Shoes: Shop here

Here are some more of my man styling picks below -

Frankie Loafers by Stella McCartney
Buy them here

Warehouse Double Breasted Textured Blazer
Buy it here

 
Pana Pointy Toe Flats by Spurr Shoes

Oxford Shirt from Cue


The Valley Straw Hat by Lack of Color


Myra Cropped Pants from Forecast

The Blazer Shirt by TY-LR
Buy it here


Monki Boyfriend Distressed Jeans from ASOS
Buy them here


For the love of animals,

Nadhisha xx

1 comment :