Sunday 18 October 2015

[LAYERING]: Layering For The Warmer Months

One of my favourite things about Winter and Autumn is that I get to cram as many pieces as I can into one outfit i.e. layering. It gives you the chance to wear multiple awesome pieces in your wardrobe and layering during the hotter months shouldn't be any different.

Structured vests are a great alternative to winter's trenchcoats and structured blazers. They provide the same element of structure and tailoring, yet have no sleeves allowing your body/arms to breathe. I love this asymmetrical piece from Esther Boutique as it make the look less formal.

I teamed up this vest with a slightly see through singlet and a lace bralette to add a little detail. I kept the pants super simple with these Dotti cropped pants which allowed me to show off my new block heels.

The block heel is very much on trend at the moment which I love because they give height, but they aren't as uncomfortable as stilettos and they can be a day or night option. These Rubi Shoes pair are non leather (of course) and I scored them on sale for $20, meaning that I didn't have to blow the budget on a pair of shoes that may go out of fashion soon.

My advice for layering during the hotter months - Choose a structed piece, opt for light weight materials, go for varying lengths and choose one stand out piece to be the focal point of your outfit.



[OUTFIT DETAILS]
Esther Boutique Vest: Shop similar
Dotti Structured Cropped Pants: Shop similar
[VEGAN] Rubi Shoes Block Heel: Shop here [ON SALE]
For the love of animals,

Nadhisha xxx




No comments :

Post a Comment