Monday 5 October 2015

[TRENDING]: Off The Shoulder Top - 4 Ways

Cold shoulders.. Or should I say warm shoulders?



In my last post, I spoke about the return of the 90s, but it seems like the 70s are making a return too this year with the return of the "cold shoulders" to the Australian runways. I bought this one from Mink which has various locations around Sydney, however if you want to buy something online, there are plenty of options at Asos (click here) or at The Iconic (click here).

Top left: Alice McCall
Top right: Ellery
Bottom left: Manning Cartel
Bottom right: Steven Khalil

Australian designers such as Alice McCall, Ellery, Manning Cartel and Steven Khalil all featured off the shoulder dresses in their Spring/Summer runway shows which can be appropriated into everyday looks.

Personally the reason I love this look is because for someone like me who has gained the notorious first year post wedding weight, this style highlights the good (collarbones/shoulders) and beautifully hides the bad (puppy fat anyone?)

Going through my wardrobe to find items to go with this top, I realised how versatile it could be which is why I decided to style it 4 ways.

[LOOK ONE]
This look would have to be my favourite! Team this top with a flowey high waisted A line skirt and wear it to a baby shower, birthday, lunch or pretty much anywhere! As both pieces cinch in at the waist this look would basically suit anyone and give the illusion of an hour glass figure.

Finish off the look with some simple heels and a classic tote and you're ready to roll! P.s how beautiful is this Tory Burch tote? Whilst in New York I made the sales assistant go on a mission to find out whether the handles were made from leather and to my delight they weren't #score. I find it so euphoric when a designer piece I really love actually contains no leather! I feel like the designer purposely made it for people like me.. but they probably didn't.

[OUTFIT DETAILS]
Hipster Skirt: Shop similar
Tory Burch Bag: Sold out
Spurr Shoes: Shop here


[LOOK TWO]
 I call this look casual corporate wear with an emphasis on the CASUAL.

As this particular top is cropped with a drawstring bottom, what better to pair with than a high waisted pencil skirt? I was tempted to pair this look with some heels, which you definitely could, but I'm a fan of the unexpected when it comes to what I wear and decided that my Converse All Star Originals would go well with this look. For those of you that didn't know, the Converse All Star Originals in canvas are vegan friendly as they have rubber soles #winning.

A Freedom of Animals vegan leather bag completed the mix and match casual/corporate look.

[OUTFIT DETAILS]
Supre Skirt: Shop here 
Freedom of Animals Bag: Shop here 
Converse Shoes: Shop here


[LOOK THREE]
This top was made for high waisted pants and what screams "dinner with the girls" better than a pair of "leather" pants? My (personal) rule for cropped tops is that whatever I pair it with must come up above my belly button. I believe belly buttons (no matter how cute they are), are a body part we must keep to ourselves and I don't really enjoy seeing other people's unless I'm at the beach, gym or at an ethnic wedding where a bit of dangling belly button jewellery is acceptable.

I completed this look with some Spurr Shoes heels and my favourite Givenchy bag.

[OUTFIT DETAILS]
[VEGAN]Missguided Pants:   Shop here
[VEGAN]Givenchy Faux Leather Bag: Sold Out
[VEGAN] Spurr Shoes:Shop here [ON SALE]


[LOOK FOUR]
*sings* I'm going on a summer holiday! Not really, but with this look I could convince anyone that I was holidaying, perhaps on a boat, perhaps by the pool or somewhere tropical. And yes, this is one of the few times where belly button is acceptable, because pretty much anything is acceptable when you're on holidays! These wide legged Sass and Bide pants were made for luxe holidaying and the navy and white stripes were made for these pants (and somewhere nautical).

I kept the accesories super simple with white strappy heels from Spurr Shoes and a Stella McCartney clutch.

[OUTFIT DETAILS]
Sass and Bide Pants: Shop similar
[VEGAN] Stella McCartney Clutch: Shop similar
[VEGAN] Spurr Shoes: Shop here [ON SALE]

For the love of animals, Nadhisha xx





No comments :

Post a Comment